You can also see what I read and received in September.
- The Truth Commission by Susan Juby
- Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
- Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt
- City Love by Susane Colasanti
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Last Night at the Circle Cinema by Emily Franklin
- The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud
- The Word For Yes by Claire Needell
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
Books On Deck:
- Egg & Spoon by Gregory Maguire
- Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen
- Beauty by Robin McKinley
- The Epic Adventures of Lydia Bennet by Kate Rorick
- This Ordinary Life by Jennifer Walkup
- Never Never by Briana Shrum
- Not a Drop to Drink by Mindy McGinnis
- The Last Song Before Night by Ilana C. Myers
- These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
- After the End by Amy Plum
- The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Cybele’s Secret by Juliet Marillier
- Losers Take All By David Klass
- This Raging Light by Estelle Laure
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
- The Decent Proposal by Kemper Donovan
Arcs Received: (I get a lot of ARCs with my “librarian hat” which I won’t be counting here)
- See How They Run by Ally Carter
- The Rest of Us Just Live
October 1: 10 books in September! Starting the month with The Truth Commission.
October 1: Okay, obviously I am not going to read 18 books this month. That’s nuts. Last month I was really strict about sticking to my proposed reading order. I’m going to try to do that this month BUT if I have to, I’m also okay with letting myself swap out categories (these all fit in specific categories for my personal reading including BEA or review books). If I get more “obligatory” reading I might also have to shake this up.
October 5: The Truth Commission was everything I hoped it would be and more. Possibly my favorite book of 2015. Onto Book of a Thousand Days.
October 13: I really enjoyed Book of a Thousand Days and City Love. I am very, very unsure about Uprooted guys.
October 18: I can’t do another Baba Yaga after Uprooted so bumping Last Night at the Circle Cinema up the list.
October 18: Well . . . that was a disappointment in the extreme.
October 25: After a bad run I am abandoning my scheduled reading to bump Passenger up the list.
October 31: Passenger is awesome. If I hadn’t been sick, I would have actually finished it in this month instead of carrying part of it over into November.