I was tagged for this post months and months ago by Gail from Ticket to Anywhere. (You can see Gail’s post on her blog.) Thank you for tagging me Gail! Sorry it took me so so long!
Some explanation (as provided by Gail): Created by The Book Life, the Taylor Swift Book Tag is a fun way to pair book titles to famous Taylor Swift songs through a handful of questions. Some of which are part of the original tag and some that were added by Danielle at Love at First Page and Nova from Out of Time.
And my answers:
- We Are Never Ever, Ever Getting Back Together (a book/series you were pretty sure you loved but then wanted to break up with): This one is easy. Much as I loved Cassandra Clare’s books in the moment, I have since outgrown them. It wasn’t you TMI and TID, it was me!
- Red (a book with a red cover): Completely red covers are harder to find than you would think! The Accidental Highwayman by Ben Tripp
- The Best Day (a book that makes you feel nostalgic): The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life by Tara Altebrando
- Love Story (a book with forbidden love): This one is more taboo than forbidden but I’m still so mixed up about what I want for these characters so whatever. Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
- I Knew You Were Trouble (a book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love): This is a tie between Vicious by V. E. Schwab and Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
- Innocent (a book that someone ruined the ending for): I ruin a lot of endings for myself because I skim ahead and I purposely looked to see how The Fault in Our Stars and Allegiant would end before I read them. That said, I can’t think of any where the ending was not ruined through my own conscious pursuit of spoilers.
- Everything Has Changed (a book with a character who goes through extensive character development): Winterspell by Claire Legrand
- You Belong With Me (my most anticipated book release): The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Forever and Always (my favorite book couple): Any couple from the His Fair Assassin series by Robin LaFevers
- Begin Again (a series that deserves a second chance): I walked away from Holly Black’s Curse Worker series before I read the final one. I’m wondering if that was a mistake.
- Wonderland (a book that features your favorite fictional world): Too many! But currently Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
- Last Kiss (a series that you’re not ready to let go, even though it ended): Pivot Point and Split Second by Kasie West. Loved them both and would love to see more although it was the just-right ending.
- Clean (a series where you’re glad it’s over): The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Loved the series right to the conclusion–it was the perfect ending to a great series.
- Wildest Dreams (your favorite fictional guy–it’s preferred but he doesn’t have to be a bad boy): Alan Ryves from The Demon’s Lexicon series by Sarah Rees Brennan. There is no other correct answer.
- Enchanted (a book you found by chance that you ended up loving): I am Princess X by Cherie Priest. An arc fell into my lap when I had heard nothing about it and it wound up becoming a favorite.
- All You Had to Do Was Stay (a book you didn’t finish that you wish you had given another chance): I walk away from books without remorse.
- Come Back, Be Here (a book I would not want to lend out for fear of missing it too much): Definitely my set of the Birthright series by Gabrielle Zevin–those books are very special to me.
- Teardrops on My Guitar (a book that made me cry a lot): I still can’t believe how much I teared up while reading My True Love Gave to Me!
- Shake it Off (a book I love so much that I just shake off the haters): Susan Juby’s Alice trilogy (the haters here being whoever let it go out of print)
- Blank Space (my favorite autographed book): I am very lucky in that I have a lot of wonderful signed books. But two of my most special ones are Seraphina and Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman. Partly because they are both arcs, partly because I loved them, but especially because I got them signed while having dinner with the author (and my mentor in librarianship) at the Plaza!
- Today was a Fairy Tale (my favorite retelling): There could be many answers but my immediate one will always be Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
- Nicole the Book Bandit
- Andi @ Just a Broke Bookworm
- Kayla @ The Thousand Lives
- Veronica the Talking (Blogging) Bookworm
- Nicole @ Nicole’s Novel Reads
- Kelly @ Live, Love, Read
6 thoughts on “Taylor Swift Book Tag”
Oh man, I’m going to have to check some of these out. What a fun blog hop challenge!
Feel free to tag yourself too Rebecca!
I have all the TMI and TID books, but I’ve only read half of them. I’m kind of scared to start up again, for fear I’ll be the same way!
I will always love Victor <3 And I’m assuming BLLB’s bad character was Ronan? Forever adore him as well, but I’ve got a soft spot for Kavinksy too!
I so need to get back and read Dark Triumph – Sybella and Beast <3
Actually it was the straight up villain from BLLB who I just loved. I’d never call Ronan bad! Just surly.
This is such a neat challenge! And I just found a hardcover copy of Wildwood Dancing at my local used bookstore for $5 yesterday – never read any of Marillier’s books so I’m really looking forward to it.
I hope you love it!