Today I’m sharing my Top Five titles to watch for from Sourcebooks’ Spring 2019 preview for librarians and educators. I’m a bit behind on sharing these so many of the titles may already be available at your local library or bookstore.
(I’d also like to share that everyone who attended this preview got their very own unicorn horn and it was glorious.)
- The Disaster Days by Rebecca Behrens: It’s The Babysitter’s Club meets Hatchet! Enough said. Inspired by the author’s love of historical fiction and disaster stories.
- The Star Shepherd by Dan Haring and Marcykate Connolly: A boy and his dog race to save the stars before their light goes out in this fantasy adventure.
- You Asked for Perfect by Laura Silverman: One teen tries to figure out what to do when the promises of happiness and academic success start to pull him in opposite directions.
- The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson: And I Darken. Meets. Eragon. Do I need to say more?
- Here There Be Monsters by Amelinda Berube: The cover for this one creeps me the hell out but I’m here for any story that is The Blair Witch Project meets Imaginary Girls.
- Yale Needs Women: How the First Group of Girls Rewrote the Rules of an Ivy League Giant by Anne Gardiner Perkins: This book is a bit of a bonus as it’s being marketed as adult non-fiction. It’s the product of many years of research and includes fifty oral histories. I’m super excited to read it.
Let me know if any of these were already on your radar or if this post helped you find some new titles for your to read list!