- Badass Heroine: I won’t say Nedra is going to be your new best friend (she’s a little intimidating for that) BUT Nedra is driven, smart, and she is not afraid to go after what she wants. Whether that will make her the hero of her story or the villain remains to be seen but that doesn’t make her story any less fascinating.
- That Cover: I love the vibe of this cover from the colors to the framing of the model. Plus a lot of the details factor into the story–but you’ll have to read the book yourself to find out which ones!
- The Atmosphere: Nedra’s world is moody, dark, and danger lurks everywhere since no one knows where the plague might strike next. In other words this atmospheric setting is everything you’d want to read this fall.
- One Word: Necromancers: The magic system in this book focuses heavily on alchemy and, in the case of alchemist gone wrong, necromancy. I don’t know about you but nothing says ready for fall like reading about necromancers who can raise the dead.
- It’s Spooky: In case the presence of necromancers didn’t tip you off: Give the Dark My Love is one spooky read. If you are ready for some good scares in advance of Halloween, look no further.
Give the Dark My Love publishes on September 25 so be sure to request it from your local bookstore or library soon.
Want to know more? Check out the synopsis below:
When seventeen-year-old Nedra Brysstain leaves her home in the rural, northern territories of Lunar Island to attend the prestigious Yugen Academy, she has only one goal in mind: learn the trade of medicinal alchemy. A scholarship student matriculating with the children of Lunar Island’s wealthiest and most powerful families, Nedra doesn’t quite fit in with the other kids at Yugen, who all look down on her.
All, except for Greggori “Grey” Astor. Grey is immediately taken by the brilliant and stubborn Nedra, who he notices is especially invested in her studies. And that’s for a good reason: a deadly plague has been sweeping through the North, and it’s making its way toward the cities. With her family’s life–and the lives of all of Lunar Island’s citizens–on the line, Nedra is determined to find a cure for the plague.
Grey and Nedra continue to grow closer, but as the sickness spreads and the body count rises, Nedra becomes desperate to find a cure. Soon, she finds herself diving into alchemy’s most dangerous corners–and when she turns to the most forbidden practice of all, necromancy, even Grey might not be able to pull her from the darkness.
Want to know more? Be sure to check out the other stops on the Blog Tour!
- September 17 – Megan Write Now – Author Q&A
- September 18 – Gladiator glory – Moodboard
- September 19 – Velarisreads – A Book Look
- September 20 – The Pages In-Between – Review + Creative Instagram
- September 21 – The Fandom – Playlist
- September 24 – Starcrossed Books – Spotlight
- September 25 – Old Enough for Fairytales – Creative Instagram Picture
- September 26 – The Busy B. Creative – Creative Instagram Picture + Author Q&A
- September 27 – Miss Print – Listicle
- September 28 – The Book Enigma – Author Guest Post: The Author’s Research (because of how scientific the premise is) and its incorporation into her fantasy world