- You Don’t Know Everything, Jilly P! by Alex Gino: Jilly thought she knew everything but when her sister is born deaf, she realizes that she still has a lot to figure out. Jilly and Derek–a Black Deaf ASL user–bond over fantasy novels and Jilly knows she can ask him for advice. The problem is she doesn’t always know the best way to do that in this story about learning to be an ally, sister, and friend. Publishing in September 2018.
- Lucky Luna by Diana Lopez: Every time Luna Ramos gets in trouble she knows that one of her cousins is to blame. Except for when Luna locks her know-it-all cousin Claudia in the bathroom during their cousin’s quinceañera. That’s definitely Luna’s fault. Which means she has no one to blame but herself when she finds out she can’t wear hats for a whole month (a big problem when your hair is so embarrassing because of the white streak Luna has from poliosis). Then things get even worse when Claudia transfers to Luna’s school and ends up in her fifth grade class. Published in August!
- The Extremely Inconvenient Adventures of Bronte Mettlestone by Jaclyn Moriarty: Bronte isn’t as upset as you might thing when her parents are killed by pirates–after all, she barely knew them. More troublesome are the detailed instructions they have left in their will for ten-year-old Bronte to follow lest disaster befall her home. Instead of continuing her quiet and satisfyingly adventure-free life, Bronte now has to set off on not just one but ten adventures as she sets out to deliver strange gifts to each of her ten far flung aunts. Publishing in October 2018.
- Dactyl Hill Squad by Daniel Jose Older: It’s Daniel Jose Older and an alternate history 1863 with dinosaurs. I don’t think you need to hear anything else. Publishing in September 2018.
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab: Against, not sure how much you need to know about this one but: Ghost-hunting parents with a TV, one daughter who can actually see ghosts, and a whole lot of problems when the family moves to Edinburgh. Published in August!
- Witch Born by Nicholast Bowling: Historical fantasy set in Elizabethan England where a girl sets off on a perilous journey to learn about her past and herself after her mother is hanged for performing witchcraft. Publishing in September 2018.
- Anything But Okay by Sarah Darer Littman: Stella’s plans to help her veteran brother re-adjust to life at home goes horribly wrong when he assaults one of her classmates. As the story gains more and more attention it slowly drags Stella, her family, and even Stella’s best friend Farida into its vortex. Publishing in October 2018.
- The Agony House by Cherie Priest, illustrated by Tara O’Connor: Denise and her parents move back to New Orleans in the hopes of fixing up an old, rundown house and converting it into a bed and breakfast. Except everything goes wrongand Denise is certain that there has to be something sinister behind it. There might be answers in a comic project left behind by a famous 1950s artist. Publishing in September 2018.
- Amber & Dusk by Lyra Selene: Her guardians in the Dusklands call it a curse, but Sylvie knows that her ability to create illusions is a gift that can bring her greatness and earn her a place at Coeur d’Or, the palais of the Amber Empress. But nothing in the palace is as it seems and Sylvie will have to navigate a dangerous world of secrets and schemes if she wants to earn her place. Publishing in November 2018.
- Impostors by Scott Westerfeld: It’s the start of a new series set in the world of Uglies! What else do you need to know?! Publishing in September 2018.