This week on the blog you can check out:
I feel like this week has been a blur. Lots of exciting things happening and lots of deadlines. My new shoes are coming in the mail but it is too cold to wear them. I barely have the words to articulate how annoyed I am that it is well into spring (April!) and I am still wearing boots. So annoyed!
Last Sunday I went with Nicole the annual enormous NYC Teen Author Fest signing. It was tiring but fun to meet or re-meet so many favorite authors. I have a grand plan to share some photos of cute book inscriptions from the signing on Instagram but this week has been so hectic that I haven’t had a chance.
I’ve been talking a lot about being sick lately and it’s horrifying to realize that it’s been ongoing since my birthday (especially because a lot of it was related to the flu and I had a flu shot!). This week I slept badly and had a really horrible sinus headache for a couple of days BUT I am starting to feel like a normal person again with ears that aren’t clogged and sinuses that aren’t congested so there’s that.
This week I finished The Library of Fates, read If I Fix You, and started Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow. I almost never read middle grade but I’m really enjoying Nevermoor so far.
If you you want to see how my month in reading is shaking out be sure to check out my April Reading Tracker.
How was your week? What are you reading?
Let’s talk in the comments.
You can also see what I read in March.
- Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maureen Goo
- Spill Zone by Scott Westerfeld and Alex Puvilland
- Piper Perish by Kayla Cagan
- Flannery by Lisa Moore
- This Adventure Ends by Emma Mills
- Infinite In Between by Carolyn Mackler
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
Books On Deck:
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor (March 28, Vine)
- Vincent and Theo: The Van Gogh Brothers by Deborah Heiligman (April 18)
- The Traitor’s Kiss by Erin Beaty (May 9)
- Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley (June 6, Vine)
- What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum (July)
- Love is Both Particle and Wave by Paul Cody (Aug. 1)
- In Some Other Life by Jessica Brody (Aug. 29)
- Moxie by Jennifer Matthieu (Sept.)
Books Bought: 0!
- Spill Zone by Scott Westerfeld and Alex Puvilland (requested, FirstSecond)
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (vine)
April 1: I am making progress on my to read shelves but not much on my “books on deck” ARCs–I’ve had a lot of assigned reading come up and am hoping to refocus as my new books presentation at work is this month and then I will have some breathing time before I have to read anything too specific.
April 7: I’m having some fantasy burnout so I’m planning to read contemporary for the next little bit. I Believe in a Thing Called Love is delightful so far.
April 13: Sticking to contemporaries. I am halfway through Flannery and not sure how I feel about it but it’s such a short book I’m going to stick it out.
April 17: Flannery was good but not at all what I expected. This Adventure ends was good but not sure if I need to keep it forever and ever–it’s easy to get blinded by the gorgeous packaging.
April 18: Finally reading one of two BEA books I had left from BEA 2015. Total unread books left from BEAs past: 9.
April 21: I motored through Infinite in Between. It was fantastic and definitely should be on your radar. Next up is When Dimple Met Rishi which I’m excited to read but it’s been taking me a bit to get into.