This is my annual list of favorite books that I read and reviewed this year.
Break Me Like a Promise and This Raging Light were the two books that were most impactful to me and the two I most desperately needed to read this year. I haven’t stopped thinking about The Star-Touched Queen and In Some Other World, Maybe since I finished them. Passenger has become a defining book of key moments of this year and last (which is why I have three copies of it). Bookishly Ever After, Iron Cast, Tell Me Three Things, Three Dark Crowns, My Lady Jane, and The Museum of Heartbreak were all delightful surprises this year. Hands down, The Anatomy of Curiosity is one of the most inspiring books I have read. Ever.
You can click the cover photos to read my reviews. Since it’s 2016, I’m giving myself ten slots plus up to six honorable mentions. Alphabetical by author because picking favorites any more specifically is too hard.
- Bookishly Ever After by Isabel Bandeira
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- In Some Other World, Maybe by Shari Goldhagen
- This Raging Light by Estelle Laure
- The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood
- Break Me Like a Promise by Tiffany Schmidt
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
- The Anatomy of Curiosity by Maggie Stiefvater, Tessa Gratton, Brenna Yovanoff
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows
- The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
- The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
This list is also a Pinterest board.