- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
- Compass South by Hope Larson, illustrated by Rebecca Mock
- Cloudwish by Fiona Wood
- Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke
- Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake
- Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige
- The Apple Throne by Tessa Gratton
- To Hold the Bridge by Garth Nix
- Don’t You Trust Me by Patrice Kindl
- The Graces by Laure Eve
- Spontaneous by Aaron Starmer
- Puella Magi Madoka Magica volume 1
- Iron Cast by Destiny Soria
- The Smoke Hunter by Jacquelyn Benson
- The Last True Love Story by Brendan Kiely
- The Other Side: An Anthology of Queer Paranormal Romance edited by Melanie Gillman
Books On Deck:
- The Reader by Traci Chee
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- Nemesis by Anna Banks
- Blood Red, Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (preorder for her signing)
- Mighty Jack by Ben Hatke (thank you First:Second)
- The Smoke Hunter by Jacquelyn Benson (Vine)
- Freya by Matthew Laurence (thanks Imprint!)
- Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (Thanks Feiwel and Friends!)
September 1: It’s been a relief to just pick books up as I want to read them. My “books on deck” section here is more books that I have promised people I would read soon or that I need to read soon because of deadlines.
September 3: I am drowning in books hahahahaha. oh god. help me.
September 5: So I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the books closing in on me but I gave away about 30 this weekend and am feeling better. My TBR feels more manageable and one of these days I’ll learn to by way more judicious when choosing books to request from publishers. But for now feeling better. After reading a ton this weekend I finally feel ready to start The Apple Throne which I have been putting off for years because I’m terrified of how this series might end.
September 25: I’ve been reading SO much more because I’ve stopped pretending I care enough to finish books I’m not enjoying. Life is too short!