After May’s Owlcrate was such a success, I decided to buy myself the June box (and may also be getting the July box before I cancel my subscription).
Since it was so much fun reviewing the May Steampunk box, I decided it would be fun to review the June box too.
Here are the contents of the box after I artfully staged everything:
- My Lady Jane by Brodi Ashton, Cynthia Hand, and Jodi Meadows: This book sounds ridiculously silly but also seems to be some fun alternate history. I haven’t read anything by these authors except for Unearthly by Cynthia Hand so I’m excited to try it. Along with the book there was a letter from the authors and a paper crown.
- Lunar Chronicles Bracelet from Rich Love Shoppe: And here it is on Instagram as my most liked photo: This cuff bracelet reads “Even in the future the story begins with once upon a time” with some really lovely typography under a dome. I like the cuff style and the silver finish (and it doesn’t turn me green). Although I’m not a huge Lunar Chronicles fan, I do love fairy tales so this piece is still right up my alley. I’ve already worn it once and can see it becoming a regular piece in my rotation.
- Red Queen print from Evie Bookish: The print reads “Words can lie. See beyond them.” Again, not a huge fan of Red Queen but I like the artwork and could see myself framing this to hang near my desk.
- Royal bookmarks from CraftedVan: I previously bough a jumbo Boston Terrier bookmark from CraftedVan (because of course I did) so I knew what to expect from them. This set is exclusive to Owlcrate but they have a lot of other fun sets for sale online. I like the purple tinge to the king, queen and carriage bookmarks. I recently bought a set of Sailor Moon bookmarks from Happy Hello which are a bit more my speed but it’s always good to have more bookmarks to use and share.
- Disney Princesses Mystery Minis Blind Box Figurine: I do not buy myself Funko figures or the like but I end up with a lot through gifts and things like this (and an ongoing exchange of mystery box toys with Nicole). I got Elsa from this box who was already gracing my desk at work so now I have a double to share with Nicole.
I think, for me, that this box was not the best value but I am really happy with the book and the cuff bracelet so I’m going to call it a win.
Here’s everything again on Instagram because this is currently my “most liked” photo.