I was inspired by Val’s post about the Make Me Read It Read-a-thon and decided to sign up.
- Look at the books you own, either physical, e-book or ones you’ve borrowed from the library and pick out a few you really want to read, or feel like you should read. It’s up to you how many you pick, personally I’d pick a few more than you expect to be able to read in a week. Example: if you think you’ll only read two, pick out five books or if you think you can read seven, pick out ten.
- Make a list of these books on your blog, or make a video, or a Goodreads shelf or post a picture on Instagram—whatever is easiest for you. Then get friends, other bloggers/booktubers etc. to vote on which books you HAVE to read.
- When the read-a-thon comes along, you read the books in the order of most votes. For example, if one book gets 10 votes—you read that first, then the one that got 7 and so on. If there’s a tie, then it’s your preference. The goal is to read as many as possible.
If you want to sign up yourself, details are here: http://www.teaandtitles.com/make-me-read-it-read-a-thon-2016-edition/
Now, I don’t know if I’ll have time to do an actual read-a-thon from July 9th to the 16th. BUT I will order my reading for July based on poll results and post about progress in my July Reading Tracker (see what I mean by checking out my June Reading Tracker). You have until June 30 to vote and decide my reading fate!
So, here are the choices:
- The Lie Tree by Frances Hardinge (1)
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake (3)
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (5)
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee (2)
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (4)
- Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton (2)
- Everland by Wendy Spinale (3)
- A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody (2)
- This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith (1)
You can vote by leaving a comment with your choice (or top two or three, whatever). I’ll accept comments/votes until June 30 and I’ll post the ranked list (AKA my reading order for July) on the first.