Today I’m sharing my part of the blog tour for The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood. I loved this book and I’ll be posting my review of it next week. Until then, I am answering some questions. I posted answers from February 25 when I first received them and from now to see what’s changed and what’s stayed the same.
You can also head to FierceReads.com today to see the other portion of this super fun blog tour.
- What Brings You The Most Joy In Life?
- Feb 25, 2016: So many things! I try to generally frame myself as an optimist and something I have been trying to do in 2016 is focus on things I want to do (reading books I want to read whenever I want to read them) and things that make me happy (going to museums). Really, I think what brings me the most joy above all else is getting to spend time or talk with my mom and my friends. I’ve been working really hard on keeping in touch with people and sending postcards to my far-flung friends.
- May 1, 2016: I realized last week that I often equate a “productive” day with a “good” day. I really like the feeling of getting things done even if that means getting non-work things done. I have been trying to be more present instead of considering (worrying about) what comes next. But I also still really like hanging out with my mom and my friends!
- What Are You Reading?
- Feb 25, 2016: Quintana of Charyn by Melina Marchetta (I’d been putting off finishing this trilogy but after reading Froi of the Exiles in December this felt like the right time to pick up the final book.)
- May 1, 2016: I’m finishing up Summer Days, Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins. It’s more melancholy than I expected but I’m enjoying reading short stories from so many new to me authors.
- What Is Something You’re Really Looking Forward To?
- Feb 25, 2016: I’m starting to get excited about the NYC Teen Author Fest in March. I go to their signing at Books of Wonder almost every year with Nicole. I’m also planning for BEA in Chicago (where I’ve never been) but it’s still early days for that.
- May 1, 2016: BEA is less than two weeks away! I’m excited for that and also for the chance to go to the Art Institute of Chicago.
- What Is One Thing That’s Worrying You?
- Feb 25, 2016: Last month I would have said I was worried about my taxes (I ended up owing a ton last year) but now that they are done I am feeling in a much better position and more prepared to plan my next moves financially. All is well!
- May 1, 2016: I haven’t traveled anywhere for about ten years so I’m a bit worried I’m going to forget something important or end up packing all of the wrong things for Chicago.
- What Is Something That You Always Have With You?
- Feb 25, 2016: For always always I guess the obvious answer is my glasses since I can’t see anything without them. At work I always have my ID badge because it has my keys to the office and my desk.
- May 1, 2016: I just started wearing contacts again so I still always have my glasses with me (just in case). I’ve also started using a notebook to track to dos and happenings and a daily progress calendar which I keep in my bag at all times.
- What Is Something That You Wish You Could Change?
- Feb 25, 2016: I’m letting my hair grow out from a pixie cut for the first time since grad school in 2010. I wish it was a bit longer because I feel like it’s at peak awkward length right now.
- May 1, 2016: My hair is still driving me nuts so I would like to change that. I wish I was able to turn off my stress about things–it’s so ineffectual to waste time worrying about things obviously out of my control.