- Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- The Leaving by Tara Altebrando
- The Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder
- Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier
- Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
- Dreamology by Lucy Keating
Books On Deck:
- Breaker by Kat Ellis
- And I Darken by Kiersten White
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi (bought at launch/arc upgrade)
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (bought with gift card)
Gifted Books: 0
- The Last Time We Were Us by Leah Konen (requested, Amazon Vine)
- Blood Red Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick (requested from Macmillan)
- Nemesis by Anna Banks (requested from Macmillan)
- Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige (requested from Bloomsbury)
- The Gallery of Lost Species by Nina Berkhout (requested from St. Martins Griffin)
- If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
- there’s going to be a lot more from BEA but those are going in a separate post once I have time to write it up
May 2: Halfway through Every Exquisite Thing and I am so worried about everyone.
May 3: Some of my worries in Every Exquisite Thing were valid. Some weren’t. I’m still not sure how to feel but I think I might have missed something here. We’ll see.
May 19: Was dazzled by Tell Me Three Things and wowed by The Leaving. Finished The Museum of Heartbreak this morning and it was So. Great. I don’t know how I got so lucky with this string of books or how to even begin reviewing them. Starting Vassa in the Night later today. I feel really behind on reading and blog stuff from BEA but I keep reminding myself that they are self-imposed deadlines and that I just have to chill.
May 20: Snuck in Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier on my lunch break (first BEA read aside from all of the picture books I got). It’s excellent!
May 26: Started This Savage Song. Wildly behind on everything thanks to BEA. Ah! I went to a Macmillan preview earlier this month (see this post) and got some ARCs there but I’m not counting them here because they will likely just become giveaways for teens at work.