- The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
- Lotus and Thorn by Sara Wilson Etienne
- It Wasn’t Always Like This by Joy Preble
- The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie Sue Hitchcock
- The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
- Lost in Love by Susane Colasanti
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
- In Some Other World Maybe by Shari Goldhagen
- Until We Meet Again by Renee Collins
- Summer Days and Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins
Books On Deck: 0!
Books Bought: 0
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (thank you Krista!)
- Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick (Amazon Vine)
- Crow Mountain by Lucy Inglis (not requested, from Scholastic)
- Dreamology by Lucy Keating (Amazon Vine)
- Roses & Rot by Kat Howard (from awesome coworker!)
- Vassa in the Night by Sarah Porter (from publisher, requested)
April 1: Pretty thrilled that timing worked out perfectly for me to start The Winner’s Kiss the exact day after I bought it. Yay! I’ve bought 6 books since January which is twice as many as I had planned but they are all purchases I was really excited about and plan on keeping for a long, long time. This to read stack feels a tiny bit ambitious BUT some of the books are shorter so I think it will be manageable.
April 9: Starting my fourth book of the month today. The main cohesive theme is that most of them have blue covers. I’m contemplating books I might want to buy for the rest of the year and decided with BEA right around the corner the only definite one is The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater although that will probably wait until she is in NYC in May since I won’t have time to read the book before that anyway. (I’m already a bit over my allotted books to buy for the year so far. I was aiming for twelve and as I mentioned at the start of the month I’ve already bought six SO it’s probably just as well.)
April 19: Truth be told The Rose and the Dagger is taking way longer than I expected. It’s also possibly just not what I wanted it to be per se. Enjoying but just not as much as I expected.
April 25: Can’t stop thinking about In Some Other World, Maybe. Until We Meet Again was decidedly not my bag. I am probably starting Summer Days and Summer Nights next and maybe finishing Sandman 2 on the way home this afternoon.
April 29: Summer Days, Summer Nights is going to be my last book of the month. I wound up reading fewer books compared to March but I actually finished most of these (I realized almost immediately upon starting it that The Smell of Other People’s Houses wasn’t something I wanted to pick up, ditto for Until We Meet Again).