Books Read: 11
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (carryover from December)
- This Ordinary Life by Jennifer Walkup
- The Decent Proposal by Kemper Donovan
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore
- The Anatomy of Curiosity by Tessa Gratton, Maggie Stiefvater, and Brenna Yovanoff
- These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
- The Last Place on Earth by Carol Snow
- These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
- The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
Books On Deck: 0!
Books Bought: 2
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (bought at launch party)
- A Gathering of Shadows by Victoria Schwab (preorder with gift card/arc upgrade)
Gifted Books: 1
- The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
ARCs Received: 21
- The Heir and the Spare by Emily Albright (unrequested)
- Identity Crisis by Melissa Schorr (unrequested)
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (vine)
- Shallow Graves by Kali Wallace (vine)
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton (vine)
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallero (vine)
- Two Summers by Aimee Friedman (ALA from Nicole)
- Once Was a Time by Leila Sales (ALA from Nicole)
- And I Darken by Kiersten White (ALA from Nicole)
- This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab (ALA from Nicole)
- Break Me Like a Promise by Tiffany Schmidt (ALA from Nicole)
- Longbow Girl by Linda Davies (unrequested)
- In Some Other World Maybe by Shari Goldhagen (requested)
- Sanctuary Bay by Laura J. Burns and Melinda Metz (requested)
- The Gilded Cage by Lucinda Gray (requested)
- Lucky Strikes by Louis Bayard (requested)
- Unscripted Joss Byrd by Lygia Day Penaflor (requested)
- Goldfishby Nat Luurtsema (requested)
- A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody (requested)
- The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen (requested)
- The Square Root of Summer by Harriet Reuter Hapgood (requested)
January 1: Reading plan to start the new year strong: Reading through some short books and obligation books that were lingering as well as my next SLJ book. I’m not on any committee this year so I really want to tear through my owned TBR.
January 2: I was sadly a bit underwhelmed by Truthwitch :( Discovered I can’t read This Ordinary Life because ANXIETY. Moving onto The Decent Proposal which is fun but peak DUDE book and kind of indicative of why I mostly read women authors.
January 6: The Dark Days Club didn’t work for me either. I’m not sure if it’s because I was in a Mood and burning through books or because of something else. I might never know. But I did walk away. Happily am enjoying The Star-Touched Queen so far and feeling really good about having already gotten 4 books off my long-term-owned-books-to-read shelf so early in the year.
January 9: had a mini #alaleftbehind meltdown and requested four arcs from Amazon vine. BUT they were all books I wanted to read already AND I passed on one that probably wouldn’t be my bag. SO I’m still calling it a win.
January 12: Another mini ALA when Nicole brought me many ARCs from ALA because she is the best! Can we talk about how I am reading through my planned books for January like a boss? Hoping to do this every month by scaling back and only picking as many books as I can actually read. I think the hardest thing is just going to be disciplining myself since I have SO MANY shiny arcs right now.
January 18: Starting my last planned book for January! This has never happened before. If I finish before February I’m trying to squeeze in another arc The Last Place on Earth.
January 18: Well I read The Last Place on Earth. That was … different. Since I’ve now read every single priority book I set for January I’m jumping to a title I earmarked for February so I can decide if I need to go to the book launch or not.
January 28: I . . . don’t really want to talk about the number of ARCs I received this month. Started AGOS today but unless I read more than half I’m just counting it as my first February book.