Here’s my list of favorite books reviewed here on the blog in 2015. You can click the cover photos to read my reviews. Since it’s 2015, I’m giving myself 15 slots plus a few honorable mentions. Alphabetical by author because picking favorites any more specifically is too hard.
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black
- The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
- Love and Other Perishable Items by Laura Buzo
- The Truth Commission by Susan Juby
- Winterspell by Claire Legrand
- The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
- Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty
- I Am Princess X by Cherie Priest
- Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales
- Hold Me Like a Breath by Tiffany Schmidt
- The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
- Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendson
- Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein
- The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
- Blackfin Sky by Kat Ellis
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
This list is also a Pinterest board.
12 thoughts on “Top Ten: 2015”
I’ve read a few of these. ADSOM, the Wrath and the Dawn and The Darkest Part of the Forest were all really good. You’ve given me some for my TBR pile. :)
Yay! I hope you enjoy them too.
If my list had been just a little longer, it probably would’ve had The Darkest Part of the Forest on it. I loved that one.
I agree with many of these! Your list makes me want to go back to my TBR pile and read Winterspell, Hold me like a Breath and Rebel Mechanics very soon!
Do it, Amanda! Do it right now!
The Wrath & The Dawn is on my must-reads for 2016 … and I’d like to read The Accident Season at some point too :) My TTT
Yay! I’m a big fan of both (obviously)
Nice list of books in your post!!
Here’s a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-best-books-i.html
I just read Winterspell last week! Even though there were some things I didn’t like about it, I thought it did some things really well and was such a creative retelling. And I still have yet to try any V.E. Schwab, but it’s on my TBR!
I still have to read The Wrath and the Dawn. I won a signed copy, and I’ve attempted it a few times, but I’m scared that I’ll end up hating it. :0
I loved The Start of Me and You! OMG. I finished that in a high school one day, and I just wanted to shout from the rooftop about it. It’s definitely one of my favorites of the year.
I don’t know if I’d put Tonight the Streets Are Ours in my Top 15 of 2015, but it might be one of those borderline books. I liked it, but I just didn’t love it like I thought it would because I was really expecting something different. (Thanks for sharing it with me, BTW!)
Need to bookmark this list! :D