You can also see what I read and received in July.
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith
- Never, Always, Sometimes by Adi Alsaid
- The Rose and the Beast by Francesca Lia Block
- The World’s Wife by Carol Ann Duffy
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
- The Marvels by Brian Selznick
- The Devil and Winnie Flynn by Micol Ostow and David Ostow
- Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little
- Soundless by Richelle Mead
- Shade’s Children by Garth Nix
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
Books On Deck:
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
- The Truth Commission by Susan Juby
- Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
- Prized by Caragh M. O’Brien
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith
- The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough
- Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
- Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally (both from Erin‘s blogiversary giveaway)
- Unprooted by Naomi Novik (thank you OTSPsecretsister whoever you are!)
- The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey (thanks Jenna!)
- Updraft by Fran Wilde (from Tor, requested)
- Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt (from St. Martins, requested)
- The Wolf Wilder by Katherine Rundell (from Simon & Schuster, not requested)
- Sanctuary by Jennifer McKissack (from Scholastic, not requested)
- Frosted Kisses by Heather Hepler (from Scholastic, not requested)
- The Sleeping King (from Tor, not requested)
August 1: I read a lot in July (12 books) but it was kind of a miserable failure in terms of sticking to my list. Oops. This month there are lot of BEA ones I want to get to so I’m just going to try to be a little less strict and see how that goes. Usually my “books on deck” follows a pretty strict formula but for this month, it’s just books I really really want to read right now.
August 2: Four days into the month and starting my second month. The voice in Hello, Goodbye and Everything in Between is a little distancing after the first person of The Accident Season but I love Jen E. Smith’s book so I’m sure it’ll be fine.
August 9: Well I had a total disconnect with the Smith book and with Never Always Sometimes. The Rose and the Beast was weird but not bad. Lair of Dreams is next.
August 12: I’m already on page 200 of Lair of Dreams so I might even be able to fit in another book or two after I finish it if I keep up this pace!
August 14: Have read 60% of Lair of Dreams! Want to count it as two books!
August 17: Um hi Lair of Dreams was amazing! Also reading The Marvels at home because I can’t handle carrying another 600+ page book around.
August 18: I finally made a dent in my BEA books and got to read a lot of good ones. I have to get back to some review and backlist titles come September though!