You can also see what I read and received in June.
- Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross
- Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown
- The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch
- Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
- The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg
- A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
- A Little in Love by Susan Fletcher
- Tonight the Streets are Ours by Leila Sales
- Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
Books On Deck:
Lion Heart by A. C. Gaughen
- Nameless by Lili St. Crow
- The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle
- The Truth Commission by Susan Juby
- Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
- Love Fortunes and Other Disasters by Kimberly Karalius
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
- Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young
- Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson
- A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab (at a signing and it has the red endpapers!)
- Rebel Mechanics by Shanna Swendsen (like I keep saying, I need a sequel. I’m doing my part buying a copy and recommending it. Are you doing your part?)
- Alias Hook
- The Demon King (both from Krystal. Thank you!)
- The Inventor’s Secret by Andrea Cremer (thank you Kelly!)
- Forbidden by Kimberley Griffiths Little
- The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brackenbrough
If you want to see how I’m doing with BEA 2015 books check here.
July 1: Two books and only one day into July?! I’ll take it!
July 6: Squeezing in two books that weren’t originally on deck (Red Rising and The Eleventh Plague).
July 9: Went off list again to discover Trial by Fire is not my bag and to read The Paper Magician which is delightful so far (thank you again to Krystal for sending it my way!).
July 13: The Paper Magician was delightful! Just barely started A Curse as Dark and Gold.
July 21. Haven’t been doing too well with keeping on top of books I need to read. Oops. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids is delightful so far.
July 24: I haven’t really been adhering to my “books on deck” queue at all this month. I’ll just have to try harder in August.
July 28: Starting Just Ella which is a book I “need” to read even if it wasn’t on this month’s list. I also have made the decision to not read Lion Heart. It’s a total waste of money because I bought that book and the first in the series (not to mention already having book 2). But I felt completely betrayed by the second book and I just can’t do it.
6 thoughts on “July (2015) Reading Tracker”
I’m SUPER curious about Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls. How was that one for you? I have a friend sending me The Accident Season, I kept going back and forth about requesting it but I’m so intrigued by it. I hope you enjoy all your reads this month!
I liked suicide notes. It was kind of crazy but really wowed me. I am SO excited about The Accident Season.
What did you think about Trial by Fire? I’ve heard mixed things about it but I still want to give it a chance
It was okay. I didn’t love the writing style and after taking some time to think about it I realized Trial by Fire was a book I added to my TBR based solely on everyone else being excited about it–not really my own personal interest. I’m also realizing I am not a fan of stories with two versions of the same person in one world. It’s interested you heard mixed things because ALL I’ve heard is glowing reviews.
Hm that’s good to know! I might give it a try because the premise is intriguing
It reminded me a lot of Tandem (which I also didn’t love) if that’s any further help.