This week on the blog you can check out:
- Amy from Beastbrarian talks about the way fandoms, especially Tumblr, have embraced poetry.
- Janet S. Wong (author of numerous picture books and poetry collections for children including This Next New Year) shares some tips for getting your writing in shape with poetry.
- Lisa Ann Sandell (author of verse novels The Weight of the Sky, Song of the Sparrow and A Map of the Known World) talks about her own introduction to verse novels including Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
- Sarah Beth Durst (author of numerous books including Chasing Power) talks about poetry that breaks rules and her lifelong love of Emily Dickinson’s groundbreaking work
- Kat Ellis (author of Blackfin Sky) explains how Ted Hughes’s ‘The Thought-Fox’ taught her to think like a writer
- Liz from Consumed by Books shares her review of Things I Have to Tell You
You can see the full schedule for Poetically Speaking by clicking the image below!
How was your week?