(While you’re here, please check out my first Monday Memories post–maybe next week you can join!)
I’m not even sure if these authors really count as underrated but they are the ones that I wish more people read!
- Sarah Beth Durst: So many good standalone fantasies. So many cute romances. With magic!
- Marie Rutkoski: If you haven’t seen me gushing about her YA titles already then you just haven’t been paying attention.
- Nova Ren Suma: Nova has a bit of a following but I which more of them were people I know well so we could talk about her haunting books.
- Sarah Zettel: Again if you haven’t seen me gushing you just weren’t looking.
- Jonathan Stroud: This is a cheat because he’s super popular but again not among my circle. Where no one can appreciate the beauty of The Screaming Staircase. Alas!
- Susan Juby: While Alice, I Think and its sequels are older titles, I still think about them all the time. So much fun in so few books!
- Jodi Lynn Anderson: Where is everyone who can talk with me about The Vanishing Season?
- Carolyn MacCullough: Another author with older titles, but such good ones. I still suggest these books constantly.
- Lisa Ann Sandell: If you haven’t read her verse novel Song of the Sparrow you haven’t lived.
- Aimee Friedman: In addition to being an awesome editor, Aimee’s novel Sea Change is a really lovely spin on traditional mermaid lore.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
(Image made by me.)