A couple of months ago I was tapped for the Sunshine Blogger Challenge. (And I was so excited I made a cute button for it.)
Here’s the rundown:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger. Share 11 random facts about yourself. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
So first, thank you to The Styling Librarian for tagging me.
Here are 11 facts about me:
- I watch a lot of TV. New shows, old shows, 1950s Westerns, documentaries. My mom and I recently made our way through The Men Who Built America. It was really good!
- I have an interest in art history and New York City history and those were two of my three minors in college.
- I love getting mail! It’s the biggest reason I joined PostCrossing. (I also love writing email and sending cards.)
- I accidentally became a book collector when I started grad school and still go to a lot of book events–so if you’re in NYC you might see me around.
- I’m a professional storyteller. I competed in story telling competitions in high school, studied story telling in grad school, and worked as a story teller at two of my past jobs.
- I can wiggle my ears and all of my fingers are double jointed except my left thumb.
- My favorite color is pink! (I always add an exclamation point so it’s “pink!”)
- My mom was a doll collector and I’m interested in dolls so I know a lot about collectible dolls. (My mom and I still get the Barbie Collector catalog.)
- There is a 90% chance I will buy cute things I find that relate to the book Emma or otherwise have my name on them. Emma wasn’t such a common name when I was a kid so I’ve been trying to fill that void ever since.
- When it comes to zombies vs. unicorns I am always Team Unicorn.
- I’ve been part of an online gaming community site since I was 14 and run a guild there now. Part of that involves making banners and buttons so I really love playing with graphics online. (I’m still working on teaching myself how to make .gif buttons but it’s hard.)
Here are her questions for me along with my answers:
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? Places I’ve been before: Disney World. I’m a sucker for all the rides and fun. It’s the site for a lot of my favorite memories.
New places: Italy or maybe England
- What have you recently procrastinated doing that you’re going to deal with, within the next week? So many things. I’ve been trying to establish a writing habit and I’ve been trying to get more blog posts up. I’d say cleaning out my closet but it’s probably not going to happen until later in the spring.
- Last time you laughed aloud was…. I was watching a silly documentary with my mom. I don’t remember what was so funny though!
- What was a movie that has stuck with you for longer than a week?
I actually don’t watch a ton of new movies. Maybe Frozen?
- What genre do you need to read more of? Mysteries because of a professional obligation. Contemporary just because it balances all the fantasies I read.
- What makes a book 5 out of 5 stars?
Is it a book I think about after I finished it? Was it smart? With good writing? Well-rounded characters including strong female ones? It’s definitely a moving target but those are some recurring questions.
- What do you wish you could be braver about?
Not a lot. I feel like I’m brave enough. Maybe just not being so self-conscious about everything.
- If someone were to describe your personal style, what would they say? Oh man. I have no idea. I have eclectic tastes and lots of accessories. I’m trying to “rebrand” my style currently so I’ll have to get back to you!
- What is your favorite recreational activity, (besides reading)?
Making things! I crochet, fold paper (book sculptures and origami), and I’m trying to get into other things. I also write.
- How do you “give back” to your community? I’m not sure I do? I support local stores and libraries. That might be it.
- Fill in the blank: If I only had one book I could bring and share with a new group of students, __________________ would be it.
Picture Book: something by Chris Van Allsburg. Older: I have no idea. It depends on the students!
Here are the bloggers I’m nominating:
- Nicole at The Book Bandit’s Blog
- Andi at Andi’s ABCs
- Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner
- Kayla at The Thousand Lives
- Steph at Steph Su Reads
- Cecelia at Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia
- Amanda at Maestra Amanda
- Amy at Tripping Over Books
And here are my 11 questions for them:
- What are you currently reading?
- What’s the last movie you saw or one you’re looking forward to seeing?
- When I’m not blogging or reading, I’m ________________
- What’s one book you’ve read that everyone else should read RIGHT now?
- Favorite moment as a blogger?
- One author you’d really love to meet or maybe already have?
- What’s your favorite outfit?
- Favorite color?
- What makes a book impossible to finish?
- What makes a book an all-out winner?
- What’s your favorite genre to read? What’s one you’d like to read more of?