This one was hard because I like to try and stick to the to read lists I make for Top Ten Tuesday but I’ve also been really unsure about what to read because I have felt torn between new releases and books that have been on my shelves for years.
Being Sloane Jacobsby Lauren Morrill: I love the premise and I’m on a review deadline so this was actually a no brainer.
- How to Love by Katie Cotugno: Another review on deadline (and I’ve heard nothing but good things about it. Yay.
- Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma: Nova Ren Suma is one of my favorite authors I’ve never read so the next time Nicole and I do a Synchronized Read (in a month or so) this one is it.
The Winners Curseby Marie Rutkoski: I got my hot little hands on an ARC of this book and, really, what’s the point of getting ARCs if you can’t read books early and gloat a little now and then?
- Mortal Fire by Elizabeth Knox: I tried reading this over the summer and it didn’t work out. But I’ve had guilt and I loved the Dream Hunter duet. So I want to try again.
- The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde: This one is really embarrassing because I not only own the first book in this series. I own the second book too. And I haven’t read either of them.
- Linger by Maggie Stiefvater: It feels like maybe it’s time to finish this series.
- Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller: Heard good things. Might be time to give it a shot.
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani: I don’t read a ton of middle grade because I’m flooded with YA books as it is. However, this one sounds right up my alley.
- Free spot for something devastating: I’ve been putting off a couple of books (notably Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein) because my real life has been hard enough. I didn’t want to cry miserably over a book. BUT I really want to read some of those books.
What books are you reading next?
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
(Image made by me.)