I don’t buy a lot of books or “stalk” a lot of books waiting for them to come out. Sometimes it more depends on what my goodreads friends and twitter friends are talking about. That said, there are still at least a few books I know I want to get my hands on in the new year:
- The One by Kiera Cass: This is a rare series that I read pretty close to actual publication schedule can’t wait to see how it all ends!
- Split Second by Kasie West: Is there anyone who isn’t crazy excited about this sequel to Pivot Point?
- Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill: This one is actually already sitting on my TBR shelf (I’m so spoiled) and I’m really excited. The premise sounds great.
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski: I adore Marie Rutkoski. She was one of the nicest authors I saw while working retail and her book Shadow Society is a constant in my favorite books list. I am waiting for this one for baited breath (and might have squealed a little when an arc crossed my path.)
- The Strange Maid by Tessa Gratton: I didn’t even expect to love The Lost Sun but then I had a chance to read it and oh my gosh it was fantastic! I’m really excited to see how the next book is with a different narrator.
- Bad Luck Girl by Sarah Zettel: This series is The. Best. I love Callie and I love the Depression-era setting blended seamlessly with fairy lore. This is one I will be buying once it’s out.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han: I haven’t read a lot of Han’s other books (and didn’t love Fire with Fire) but this plot sounds great and I’m pretty excited to see how it is.
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin: If you spend any time here on the blog you know I have much love for Gabrielle Zevin and her Birthright series. That said, I haven’t read a lot of her other books. So I’m really excited for this new book from her and will also be working on her backlist next year.
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell: I still need to read Rowell’s first “grown up” book (I hate the term “adult book” because it sounds like they would be somehow inappropriate for non-adults) Attachments but based on her YA titles I’m already quite excited about this one.
- The Book of Love by Lynn Weingarten: This is actually a December 2013 release (I think?) but I’m really really excited about it! I read the first book The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers when it came out. I interviewed Lynn here on the blog and we’re twitter friends. And I loved her first book Wherever Nina Lies too!
What books are you anxiously waiting for?
UPDATE: I also forgot Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers. Oh the shame.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
(Image made by me.)