September got off to a rough start at Miss Print HQ. I’m taking it one day at a time and getting through it. But I’ve decided I really don’t need any extra melancholy or tragedy in the books I read.
So I’m doing a “No More Tears” read-a-thon for the rest of the month where I only read happy books or books that I hope have a less probability of making me sad.
I’m not setting a goal for how many to read but here are the ones in the line up (let me know in comments if one should move higher up my list):
The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason
- The Wolf Princess by Cathryn Constable
A Spark Unseen by Sharon Cameron Across a Star-Swept Sea by Diana Peterfreund
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
- The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud
- The Last Dragonslayer by Jasper Fforde
There here are the books I want to get to that I am putting off until I’m feeling bit more emotionally prepared:
- Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
The Midnight Dress by Karen Foxlee
- Tumble & Fall by Alexandra Coutts
- The After Girls by Leah Konen
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black (I know there are vampires but is it SAD?)
- Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young
I just finished Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney a couple of hours ago. It was cute and a good choice for right now. I’m leaning toward The Clockwork Scarab or Just Like Fate next. Depends on which book I can find.
I also get to shift gears from all BEA books all the time to reading some of the older titles on my to be read shelves. So what should move to the top of the list? What should I hold off on because it’s too tragic?
2 thoughts on “The “No More Tears” September Reading List”
I’ve read Just Like Fate and as much as I loved it you should hold off some as there is a very sad character in one of the worlds. My vote, Across a Star-Swept Sea.
Good point. Moved Just Like Fate to the gold off list.