This is a tough one just because there are so many authors I adore. But here are ten authors I’d love to see get more recognition and attention (Also I’m unveiling my own personal Top Ten Tuesday image. Yay!):
- Carolyn MacCullough: She’s always in my top five all-time favorite authors. All of her books are brilliant but my particular favorites (today anyway) are Drawing the Ocean and Once a Witch.
- Alexandra Bracken: Her debut Brightly Woven is a fantastic journey fantasy. And her dystopian trilogy that started with The Darkest Minds is poised to be one of my favorite trilogies of all time.
- Gabrielle Zevin: I’m all kinds of invested in Zevin’s Birthright series that started with All These Things I’ve Done because it’s brilliant. I still need to read her other books but I expect magic with them as well.
- Sarah Beth Durst: One of the best when it comes to satisfying fantasy reads. Her latest, Vessel, was one of my favorite reads last year.
- Marie Rutkoski: In addition to writing a delightful middle grade series, Rutkoski has written The Shadow Society which is one of the smartest fantasies I’ve read in recent years. If you haven’t read it I’m not even sure if we can be friends. It’s that good.
- Terra Elan McVoy: Terra really handles it all in her books. I have a special fondness for After the Kiss but seriously, all of them sound great. Honestly, she’s also just really awesome.
- Lisa Ann Sandell: She mostly edits now but if you haven’t read A Map of the Known World or Song of the Sparrow, you should. Song of the Sparrow will ruin all other Arthurian retellings for you. But it will be worth it.
- Lynn Weingarten: Wherever Nina Lies is one of my favorite mysteries and I’m so excited to see what Lynn does with her sequel to The Secret Sisterhood of Heartbreakers.
- Vivian Vande Velde: One of the best fantasy writers that no one knows about. A Well-Timed Enchantment is hands down one of the best fantasy books I’ve read of all time.
- Sharon Cameron: You know I’m going to be a fan when a steampunk, fantasy, mystery is around. The Dark Unwinding was a favorite last year and I can’t wait for the sequel!
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
(Image made by me.)