I’m intimidated by nothing so lets just call this list “ten books Emma has put off reading for literally years.”
- Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke: It’s just so heavy. I literally have a copy but I just can’t imagine lugging it around.
- A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin: I know, okay. I know.
- A Tale Of Time City by Diana Wynne Jones: I kind of don’t want to make it through her oeuvre.
- Any book by Robin McKinley: I just never get to hers. Partly because I spent years thinking she and Diana Wynne Jones were the same person.
- Imaginary Girls by Nova Ren Suma: My favorite author I’ve never read.
- Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando: Have a bad feeling it won’t be the book for me.
- Getting the Girl by Susan Juby: I don’t even know why.
- any book by Robin Wasserman: See number 5
- Prized by Caragh M. O’Brien: I want to love it and I WORRY
- More Classics I have read yet: I really do like classics. I’ve worked through most of Austen and a lot of Dickens. I think my next venture will be Wilkie Collins. Maybe this summer. I like the idea of reading a classic every summer and have been managing to for the last couple of years.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. (Image also from the lovely The Broke and the Bookish.)