Fellow blogger Andi of Andi’s ABCs inspired me to finally take part in Top Ten Tuesday–something I have been wanting to do for a while.
As luck would have it today is a freebie day so I am also stealing Andi’s genius idea of ten favorite quotes because quotes are awesome and I collect them and use them all the time on message boards as part of my signatures.
- “Sometimes perfection reveals the lie.” from Pivot Point by Kasie West
- “Truly, we are the gods’ own children, forged in the fire of our tortured pasts, but also blessed with unimaginable gifts.” from Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers.
- “We were all monsters and bastards, and we were all beautiful.” from Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
- “Some things you can never leave behind. They don’t belong to the past. They belong to you.” from The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- “I wasn’t used to looking ahead. Not like Jack. Maybe that was why he had that ready grin. I could see through the dust, but he could see through time, and he didn’t even need magic to do it.” from Dust Girl by Sarah Zettel
- “We’ll just have to try to make better mistakes tomorrow.” from The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- “Maybe she’d always been there. Maybe strangers enter your heart first and then you spent the rest of your life searching for them.” from The Piper’s Son by Melina Marchetta
- “There is no road home.” from Magisterium by Jeff Hirsch
- “The easiest lies to tell are the ones you want to be true.” from White Cat by Holly Black
- “Everything I am familiar with is gone.” from Prodigy by Marie Lu
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. (Image also from the lovely The Broke and the Bookish until I make my own.)