Readers! It has been very hard to find time of late to work on blog things as reality-based things take precedent. That said, I did want to take a moment to talk about some fun things that happened this week (in no particular order):
- Many of my most highly anticipated books came out last week (on the same day) and I’m excited to see everyone’s thoughts on them.
- I reviewed one of my most-anticipated 2012 titles (Because It Is My Blood) and I have a great interview to share with you from the author, Gabrielle Zevin who always sounds really smart. (It’s really hard to review a second book in a four-book series and it’s really hard to interview an author about a second book. That said, I’m really pleased with both and the process of setting them to upload here also reminded me why I love the series and talking about it. (Also I have a link to an excerpt from the audiobook in both posts thanks to Macmillan Audio!)
- I got to see Maggie Stiefvater and David Levithan at a signing with a friend. It was a lot of fun and I was able to get some books signed (of course). (Side note: I think I’ve also come to terms with the fact that I’m a book hoarder.)
- I’ve started making a lot of book sculptures (more on that later).
- I created a new blog called Miss Print Book Club in the hopes of revamping my online book club. (If there is something I could do to make you an active book club member, let me know!) Obviously this is in early days, but it’s coming.
- I discovered that WordPress has a reader feature which I can use to follow all of the blogs I read and, guys, it’s kind of life changing.
- I can finally tell all of you that I am once again a Cybils Judge! I’ll be serving as a Round 2 judge for YA Science Fiction and Fantasy. While I loved taking part in the YA Fiction judging last year, I’m super excited to be back in the realms of fantasy and science fiction as fantasy will always have my heart. You can see the original announcement of all of the SFF judges (there are a lot of us!) on the Cybils blog. And, of course, I’m particularly excited to about my fellow round two judges because it means I get to find new bloggers and new people to talk to on twitter. (I’ll be posting more about the Cybils once nominations open October first.)
- If you want to “meet” my fellow round 2 judges, they are:Zac Harding
My Best Friends Are Books
Waking Brain Cells
- Finally, in the realm of really huge enormously exciting news: Miss Print topped 90,000 views this week!!!!!!!! I still can’t quite believe it and, of course, I’m elated. It’s such a wonderful milestone and it means the countdown to 100,000 views can start. I promised I am doing something exciting and marvelous once that happens, so stay tuned!
So, as you can see things have been exciting in the world of Miss Print. Hopefully soon we can talk about my re-entering the world of Pinterest, meeting an author at my place of employ, seeing one of my favorite authors and a regular interviewee at my bookstore, book sculpting, and maybe even what it’s like reading a 600+ page book.