I haven’t been that great with non-review posts (or tweets to be honest) BUT I have been fully entrenched in some good old fashioned Holiday Cheer. One relatively new tradition for me has been participating in the Book Blogger Holiday Swap each year.
I am happy to say I have on good authority that my gifts were well-received and I am also happy to say here that I’m simply delighted by the gifts I received as part of this year’s swap from Christi the Teen Librarian.
I’m trying to get back into taking pictures again so I submit for your enjoyment some photos of my swap gifts. (Now might also be a good time to mention I still love getting mail, even as an adult, so I was very excited to not just see a box for me but a BIG box when this package arrived.) Inside the box I found a festive Santa gift bag:
Inside the bag I found many festively wrapped gifts:
And inside all of those wrapped packages I found . . .
- An Eeyore Christmas Card (Eeyore and Tigger are my favorites from Winnie the Pooh!)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas book and tree kit (I have a mini collection of mini books)
- A glittery jingle bell Christmas tree (which was immediately put into a place of honor among our other Christmas decorations–it fits right in)
- Not one but two fabulous pairs of seasonal socks (I only wear socks with fun designs now and I was looking to fill a void for Christmas themed socks so I was really excited about these)
- A beautiful initial bookmark (it doesn’t show up super well in the photo but trust me, it’s really cool)
- And, of course I got books. Because it’s a book blogger holiday swap and that’s how we roll. Now I have a shiny arc of How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr and an even shinier copy of Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins (which I am SO excited to read because I loved Anna and the French Kiss).
Thanks again for all of the lovely gifts Christi!
I end this post that everyone receives equally lovely gifts from their friends and family (and secret santas!) this holiday season.