(Fun Fact: I love blog awards even though I rarely mention them. There’s just something about those virtual buttons that really makes me smile.)
The Liebster Award is intended to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers.
As is the way with many awards (at least, so I imagine) there are requirements that need to be met:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your 5 picks on your blog with links.
- Let the winners know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the reward on your blog.
And now I’m happy to share the wealth with my own blog awardees:
- TheBookBandit’s Blog: Run by my real life friend Nicole. I like reading for the reviews (especially Book of the Week which features picture books), interviews and her take on all of the books and events we go to together.
- Dog Ear: Run by an entirely different Nicole, I enjoy Dog Ear’s honest, thoughtful reviews that include quotes and real critique and analysis. We often have differing opinions and I like seeing her take on books I’ve read or been hearing about.
- Klickitat: Julie blogs about lots of things including books (and reviews). I especially like her posts about libraries or writing because that’s how I roll.
- booked up: Yet another Nicole, crazy! I first discovered her blog while familiarizing myself with other Cybils 2010 panelist and judge blogs. I like Nicole’s reviews that get right to the point and I especially like that instead of including stock cover photos she photographs each book in situ to post with her reviews.
- Jacket Knack: Who doesn’t love a nice blog about book covers?