Whoo! Lots of stuff has been going on while I have been away from by RSS feeds and lots of reviews are getting written (I am already schedule posts for May . . . May!).
So, in convenient bulleted list form, here are some things I would like to share:
- My “Finding the ‘Good’ Parents” in YA challenge is continuing until May. Please consider sharing your thoughts on the crazy article that started it all, making your own, and sharing the link to get other people involved.
- Some of you might know about a blog called Fuse 8. If you read this post, you might also notice a mention of another familiar blog. (Hint: It’s this one. A special thanks to new commenter David Z for pointing this out to me. It is likely I would have missed it without the heads up because my bloglines account was out of control.)
- I’ve shifted all of my blog type reading to Bloglines. I don’t know what works for you, but if you’re looking for a new feed reader, this one has kind of changed my life in a really good way. Just saying.
- My good friend and fellow library school student, The Book Bandit has started a new book blog that might be worth your reading time.
- I also recently discovered two new tumblrs that are ridiculous but surprisingly deep. (Okay, not really, but they are a lot of fun.) If you like Michael Buble and appreciate and fear Velociraptors, why not look at pictures of the two? It’s kind of like Where’s Waldo but with claws. Also, Hot Guys Read Books, who knew? (I feel like everyone knew about both of these but didn’t tell me.)
- Finally, the current blog stats of this right now are 32,097. That is 64.2% of the way to 50,000 hits! Or 35.8% away from a really big giveaway! (Some of the books I have to give away include Our Lady of Immaculate Deception, Princess Pigtoria and the Pea, Hearts at Stake, and Goth Girl Rising.) Dear readers, you rock!