This week has been fun because the blog has been getting a lot of hits and even, it seems, some new readers. Nicole over at My Life in Books, in addition to offering some great thoughts on book reviews and how YA lit fits into the greater book hierarchy, has also nominated me for an award.
The rules are simple
- Put the logo on your blog.
- Add a link to the person who awarded you.
- Nominate at least seven other blogs.
- Add links to those blogs on your blog.
- Leave a message for your nominee on their blog.
Okay, so as the title promised, here are the nominees:
- Library Voice is a kind of new blog but continuously leaves me floored by the thoughtful and thorough posts about children’s librarianship and books in general.
- one girl revolution bakes, talks about the library life, books and even occasionally posts youtube vids or flickr pics. A schmorgasborg of blogging goodness.
- Sarah Blogs! manages something very rare–it always makes me smile. Actual conversations. Enough said.
- Doin’ The Cabbage Patch used to be Three City Gals written by three really fun ladies in Atlanta. Now it’s just Lina, but it’s still really fun. Also one of the first I found on wordpress (and one of the first that found me).
- Eleanor’s Trousers manages to combine current events, feminist commentary, and general blogging in a informative, enjoyable blog.
- Books & other thoughts posts great book reviews (not just because I usually agree with her) and is really conscientious in providing links to other reviews beyond her own blog to provide a whole lot of knowledge to readers (which is how I found it in the first place).
- Abby (the) Librarian is another blogger with nice, detailed book reviews, lots of info on what it’s like to be a children’s librarian, and a pretty spiffy blog layout as well.