This Linktastic! post has so many cool things that it cannot even be categorized!
- Sarah Rees Brennan shared a link to 10 great resources for writing cross-culturally on her Tumblr.
- I have doubts but there is a new speedreading app coming to your smart devices: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/27/spritz-reading_n_4865756.html?utm_hp_ref=tw (I feel like this is just a way to make reading feel more like work. Discuss?)
- You can order a custom made library card design for a phone case if you’re into that sort of thing: http://inquiringjoy.tumblr.com/library-card-design
- Columbo should be America’s Dr. Who: http://the-toast.net/2014/03/05/the-case-for-columbo/ (You might think I’m joking when I say this is a brilliant idea I wholeheartedly support. I assure, I am not.)
- Leila at Bookshelves of Doom linked to an awesome online quiz. Which Dewey Decimal Category Are You? Here’s me: “You got 800′s – Literature! You are a true bookworm! You are always in the middle of a fantastic book and hit up your local library often. You appreciate not only fiction novels and nonfiction books, but enjoy reading poetry and plays as well! You can recite the plot of quite a few Shakespeare plays and appreciate theater and the arts!” (Totally spot on. Have I mentioned I’m blogging about lots and lots of poems this April?)
- I leave you with Libraries for Real Life’s list of facts about public libraries. (Coolest fact: There are more public libraries than McDonald’s in the US – a total of 16,541 including branches. Saddest fact: Americans spend more than twice as much on candy as they do on public libraries.)