I love sequels. A lot of the time middle books are my favorite in a trilogy. So here are ten of my favorites:
- The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater: I could have done with more Blue and Gansey but I really loved the character dynamics at place here.
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins: My favorite of the trilogy–Peeta, district stuff, killer twist. And did I mention Finnick?
- The Elite by Kiera Cass: Catching Fire with less murder and mayhem.
- Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers: I really enjoyed the first book but I really LOVED this one.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: You can talk to me about Anna and Etienne all you want. This book still surpasses them in every way.
- Uncommon Criminals and Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter: Okay, you got me, I just love this series.
- Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore: I had problems with both Graceling and Fire but I unequivocally liked this one.
- Because It Is My Blood by Gabrielle Zevin: This is one of my favorite serieses by a favorite author. Go ahead, act surprised it’s on this list.
- The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureen Johnson: I genuinely loved this more than the first. I was so excited when it came out that when I heard it was released early at a Barnes and Noble by my house I ran there. In my pajamas.
- Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli: Truly a perfect book.
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
(Image made by me.)